How You Can Advocate
During the Legislative Session:
Attend our legislative events.
- Contacting your elected officials about issues of concern to you and your family. Find your elected officials here.
- By handwritten letter
- By phone
- By Email
- Online through the CT Non Profit Alliance
- Schedule a meeting with your legislator in their office, face-to-face meetings are powerful and effective.
- Know and support our Legislative Agenda.
- Stay informed by staying connected.
During the Interim:
- Host a meeting with legislators in your home with others with special needs and families. Contact Marian Leist at (860)218-6079 or email@example.com for more arrangements.
- Contact your district legislators to tell them your story and what supports are important to you. Find your elected officials here.
- Invite a legislator to take a tour of Harc. Contact Marian Leist at (860)218-6079 or firstname.lastname@example.org for arrangements.
“What’s Happening?” Advocates Club!
- Are you a person with special needs who wants to lead a more self-determined life?
- Are you looking to connect to others?
- Do you want to learn how to stand up for what you need and want?
- Do you want to learn how the state budget and legislative decisions affect you and the supports you need?
Come join us!
The “What’s Happening?” Advocacy Club is a group of individuals with special needs who empower and learn from one another in a social environment. All members have the opportunity to share their experience and alternate presenting the topic of the month. Occasional guests are brought in to provide more information and all members are encouraged to actively engage in the legislative process.
The group meets on the second Tuesday of the month, September through June, at Harc: 900 Asylum Avenue Hartford, CT from 4pm-5:30pm.
Contact Marian Leist at (860)218-6079 or email@example.com for arrangements!