Volunteers work directly with our participants and learn about individuals with intellectual disability and the programs and services they rely on. Each volunteer activity is personalized to fit the needs of the individual or group. Our participants look forward to volunteers visiting throughout the year.
A volunteer can be:
- Anyone age 13 and above
- Students looking for volunteer hours
- Businesses wanting to spend their day of giving at Harc or just wanting to volunteer their time with us.
Examples of volunteer activities:
- Spending time in the Life Enrichment Program participating in Arts & Crafts, Games, Music, Wii games, Reading and Dancing! Monday-Friday 10 am- 3 pm
- Working on a special project at a group home- painting/cleaning decks, tending to the garden.
- Business and organizations are welcome to provide a “special project” to work on with our participants.
- Camp Bulova- a Saturday program held at Harc 9 am -3 pm, during the school year.
- Help with one of our major fundraising events: Sparking Possibilities Auction & Gala, Walk & Roll
- Internships- at select times there are internships available depending on the need. Please contact us to research further. All interns are required to go thru a background check with the Department of Family Services.
For more information about volunteer opportunities please contact: